Tuesday, January 29, 2008

refuge

oh, that wind was bitter
on my cheeks and even
that extra sweater
i threw on underneath
wasn't doing the trick.
of course it was 
the day i decided
to do my running 
around on foot.
when i stumbled upon
that starbucks that
opened recently,
the first in russia,
my, what a welcome sight.


i ordered myself
a small carmel 
hot chocolate and 
spinach danish
and was already
satiating
when i realized my
drink cost nearly
eight dollars.

i didn't care.
it was
oh-so-delish
and kept me
oh-so-warm
until my 
next destination.

4 comments:

Lindsay Van Orden said...

how great is hot chocolate on such winter day? let alone, caramel hot chocolate! it is delish. and such a refuge is always welcome in such dismal and undesirable circumstances. good to see that starbucks is reaching every corner of the earth now...

JaneH said...

And - Worth every penney.

The Jackson Three said...

great hot chocolate - very over priced.

OnGod'sErrand said...

You have such a beautiful way with words. Every entry sounds like poetry.