Monday, July 14, 2008

birthday

and how did i spend
the holiday weekend,
you ask?

i went to this place. . .




and stayed in this cabin. . .


and pondered my life
thus far
in this spot. . .



and let my feet feel
right at home
in this grass. . .


and rode a bike
all through
this countryside. . .


and rented a 
russian bath house
at sunset
in this spot. . .
(alex jumped into
this water. . .)

let off these
larger than life
fireworks. . .


slept in this
cozy bed. . .


saw many
a house of the 
likes of this. . .

and reveled in the 
beauty that 
i could not only see
but feel. . .


thanks, my love,
for an
unforgettable birthday!

8 comments:

Mel said...

Holy beautiful! When I think of Russia, I tend to think of just the ugly, gray cities. (terrible, I know). I forget that there are places there that are so awesome and beautiful. WHAT a great birthday! And I've never known anyone that gets to vacation as much as YOU! Lucky duck!

happyfamily said...

Happy Birthday! You deserve all the special treatment you got. If I were there, I'd make you a cake and some homemade icecream, and sing you a birthday song!

P.S. You guys really do find amazing vacation spots.

JaneH said...

What a wonderful birthday. Your pictures really brought back some great memories. Our visit to Suzdal was one of the high lights of our visit to Russia. It is so peaceful and calm. Fun to look at your pictures and revisit.

Bess said...

What a fabulous birthday outing. Beautiful.
I am going to come out and say I am a bit jealous of your life:)

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday! where is this place? what is a russian bath? how far is this from moscow?
you always find beautiful places to visit.

JonathanandDesiree said...

Happy Birthday very soon!! Seriously, I want to be you sometimes (well all of the time). When I see your blog, I think of paradise. We miss you guys!!

Amy Asay said...

gorgeous. sad I missed it! Glad you had good celebration!

di said...

happy birthday (a little late) - what a wonderful way to reflect about your beautiful life. thanks for sharing the photos! :)