Tuesday, November 25, 2008

more magic


dear mom:
i address you this evening
from a supine position
in the corner of my couch.
we are getting reacquainted again today
after 2 1/2 years
of trying to forget the
countless miserable hours
i spent here
pregnant with avi.
today is only reminiscent.
but after another sleepless night,
this time not because
i was tending sick children
but my sick self,
i am wishing you were around
to wipe my brow
and give me some tlc.
but in your absence,
please know i'm still being
well taken care of.
milla has been preparing my lunch
(even looking at this plastic food
is making me nauseous)
avi has been wiping my nose,
and now alex is finally home
to put the house back together,
feed the children,
turn on the christmas music
and administer to my every want.
so don't worry,
your magic may be far away,
but we're managing.
now just pray for me
that i'll be ready for turkey
in just two days.
lots of love,
jen

6 comments:

Ann said...

Oh, feel better soon, friend. It's so hard when momma is sick.

Amy said...

Get well, Jen! How good that you have little helpers and a sweet husband to take care of you! :)

JaneH said...

Oh, Jen I am so sorry you are ill.
I know how hard it is for a Mother to be sick. And even after these many years, when I am ill, I long for my momma to hold my hand and tell me it will be alright. Take care and get well.

OnGod'sErrand said...

Mommy wishes she could be there to soothe your feverish brow and spoon chicken soup into your mouth. Glad that you're feeling better---aren't couches a wonderful thing?

smart mama said...

oh nothing is as bad as a sick mom!my kids bedside manner leaves a bit to be desired

Justin said...

I'm sorry you're sick. Moms can't get sick. Unfortunately the world doesn't stop when mom gets sick- just us baby dads. :-)Cute that the girls are taking care of you. Mom gets sick and the house falls apart.