Friday, November 21, 2008

scheming


and that bookshelf
at babushka lelya's house?
well, yeah, i know
it's turned into a gallery
of our family
("когда я смотрю на все эти карточки,
у меня сразу повышается настроение"
"whenever i look at those pictures,
they immediately raise my spirits")
but beyond that?
a treasure of old books
i am scheming to 
"relieve" her of.


i found one from 
as far back as 1850 on those shelves.
and how great they will look
tied up with a little string
and sitting on my shelf.
who needs antique shops
when you've got grandma's house.


1 comment:

Melanie said...

I love all of the pictures on each shelf!! I don't think we have any books from 1850 in our bookcase, but we do have a lot of books!!
And to answer your question about missing Target...when you live in Minneapolis, even if you don't work at Target headquarters anymore, you can never truly miss Target. I think I have about 5 of them within a 5 mile radius. Hardly a week goes by without at least one trip!