Tuesday, May 12, 2009

travel style


egypt hadn't seen me
in a long time.
she didn't even recognize me.

the me she once knew
was a young
carefree
adventurous
freshly married
and tireless soul.

she saw me
on boat trips
snorkeling among her world class reefs
four-wheeling in her desert
climbing her mt. sinai
in time to watch the sunset
bartering with the locals
taking overnight cab rides to cairo
wandering the markets
climbing into her pyramids
riding camels at sunset
relaxing in her sidewalk cafes
and sunning on her beaches.

and since i last saw her,
i picked me up
a few of these:

and let's just say
she didn't recognize me
and my new travel style.

details still to come.

4 comments:

AP-chik said...

wow, you have such an amazing talent with words.

Keep it up please

Ann said...

Can't wait.

OnGod'sErrand said...

There is a time and a season ...
Enjoy each one!
Beautifully written.

di said...

jen, you and your girls are divine - i am in awe of every photo - they are gorgeous little girls! :)