Wednesday, February 9, 2011

parking spot


oh. . .
this one made my shoulder ache the next day.

as i made trip number three,
and then number four--
across the parking area,
opening that heavy metal door with the magnetic key,
up a few stairs,
around a corner,
down a few stairs
over to the elevator,
up the elevator,
around the corner,
up a few more stairs,
then once again open a door with a key,
and drop everything in a heap in the entryway--
all to go back and do it over again.
i was reminded
of the good old days.



those good old days were not so long ago,
just a year or so in our other apartments,
when i didn't have that private parking area.
so on top of the hike into and up the building,
i would also have to hike down the street a bit,
which sometimes was as close as i could get.
i remember plenty of times
i would take a good 8 bags at a time--
anything to avoid making another trip.
i'd push the elevator button with my nose
because the bags were too heavy to lift up. . . 


perhaps someday, 
someday!
i'll have a house with a garage.
but for now,
i'll just have to be content
that i at least have my own parking spot.

3 comments:

OnGod'sErrand said...

Hey, what's with the plastic shopping bags??? Are they biodegradable? Seriously, I sympathize. It's so great to just step out the back door into your car!

Amanda said...

Sorry Jen I pressed the wrong key. I so know how crazy it can be to go to the grocery store. Each week I park on the sidewalk in front of my house and then climb two flights of stairs carrying my two babies and holding the hand of my 3 year old. Then it's back down the stairs to carry as many bags as I can on each arm. Then to find parking somewhere on the street. And back up the stairs. That's 7 times in all. Not bad exercise -eh. Jen I share your blog with all my friends. Thanks for sharing and posting such wonderful pictures!

Becky Cox said...

Are those Ashan bags?