Wednesday, March 9, 2011

polenta & asparagus




now anytime i find a dinner recipe
that i can whip up in under 30 minutes
that is delizioso,
uses all fresh ingredients
and gets a thumbs up from the girls,
i am quite pleased with myself.
came from herbivoracious--
a newly discovered site i will be returning to.

i cooked my polenta in vegetable broth
for added flavor,
and i used instant polenta,
because hey, i'm not italian.
and as far as the aged balsamic goes--
mr. natkin certainly knows what he's talking about,
and you will agree with me
if you've ever tasted a real aged balsamic,
which is thick and sweet,
and dee-vine.
you can pull off a similar effect
if you want to make your own balsamic reduction,
but whatever you do,
don't go splashing just any vinegar
over the top of this dish.
i used ponti's glassa gastronomica
balsamic glaze
which worked just fine
in the absence of the real stuff.

give it a try.


3 comments:

Emma said...

That looks delicious. And perfect for this time of year.

Ann said...

Looks like my kind of dinner, but I might have to throw a sausage on the side to appease the carnivores in my family. Yum. Thanks for sharing.

Michael @ Herbivoracious.com said...

Hey, I'm so glad you found the polenta recipe and liked it. And thanks for reiterating that you can't just going using grocery store balsamic on this, it would be horrific.